[Mauiusers] RE: maximizing processor use

Sarah Mulholland smm at rincon.com
Thu Mar 5 10:21:07 MST 2009

I never saw my message get posted, but I thought I'd send a follow up for when it does come through in case anybody else has a similar issue.

We solved the problem by setting
  NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY  PRIORITY
  NODECFG[DEFAULT] PRIORITYF=-JOBCOUNT

The old NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY we had was MINRESOURCE.

The nodes with the fewest jobs on them are selected first.  Our node utilization went way up.