[Mauiusers] different jobs in the same nodes

zhyang at lzu.edu.cn zhyang at lzu.edu.cn
Mon Jun 1 18:58:17 MDT 2009

zhyang at lzu.edu.cn
 2009-06-02 08:57:11
 "Greenseid, Joseph M (IS)" Joseph.Greenseid at ngc.com
: Re: RE: [Mauiusers] different jobs in the same nodes

Hi

 Thanks for you suggestion, you said is right. but I add "NODEACCESSPOLICY     SINGLEJOB" in the maui.cfg, I restart maui service. but when I submit new job, result the same as before, It seem no work nodeaccesspolicy.

"Greenseid, Joseph M (IS)" Joseph.Greenseid at ngc.com
 2009-06-01 21:06:28
 zhyang at lzu.edu.cn
 RE: [Mauiusers] different jobs in the same nodes

without seeing the pbs init script, i don't know what's wrong with that, but with maui assigning multiple jobs to a node, it sounds like it's assigning jobs to free resources (i.e. a user is using part of a node, such as maybe 1 cpu when the node has 4, for example).  if you want maui to reserve an entire node for a single job, i believe the correct directive is "NODEACCESSPOLICY SINGLEJOB"

--Joe