[Mauiusers] Maui ignores consumable resources

Jacques Foury Jacques.Foury at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Wed Jul 29 10:22:45 MDT 2009

Jörg Bornschein a écrit :
> Hello,
>

> I'm having some trouble configuring node-locked consumable resources. We
> are running maui-3.2.6p21 with torque-2.3.7 on Ubuntu Jaunty. Both
> compiled locally, not using precompiled packages.
>

> I configured maui.conf to let it know some of our nodes have CUDA
> eneabled GPUs available:
>
> -- maui.cfg --
> [..]
>
> NODECFG[cn00]  GRES=cuda:4
> NODECFG[cn01]  GRES=cuda:4
> ----
>
> It seems maui is aware of this resource -- in it's logfile I find:
>
> --- maui.log | grep cuda ---
> 07/24 12:35:22 INFO:     NODECFG[0] set to GRES=cuda:4
> 07/24 12:35:22 INFO:     adding MAList[GRes][1]: 'cuda'
> 07/24 12:35:22 INFO:     NODECFG[0] set to GRES=cuda:4
> ---

could you tell us more about your Torque's nodes file ?

Here I guess you must have :

cn00 np=8 cuda

and so on...

And in maui.cfg :

CLASSCFG[cuda]

You should also show us your queue, something like this :

set queue cudaqueue resources_default.neednodes = cuda
set queue cudaqueue resources_default.nodes = 1:cuda

--
Jacques Foury
administrateur systemes, reseaux, clusters