[Mauiusers] Maui QOS setting

Tony Schreiner schreian at bc.edu
Tue Jul 28 12:03:39 MDT 2009

I'm afraid I'm slow to get a handle on maui.

I have cluster PBS + Maui with several queues, and one of queues is
limiting the number of jobs to it

For a job that's waiting to run on the "bigmemhigh" queue

checkjob JOBID

shows

<snip>
PE:  8.00  StartPriority:  81
cannot select job 24882 for partition DEFAULT (job 24882 violates
active HARD MAXPROC limit of 32 for qos bigmemhigh  (R: 8, U: 32)
)

and

diagnose -Q

shows

QOS Status

System QOS Settings:  QList: DEFAULT (Def: DEFAULT)  Flags: 0

Name                * Priority QTWeight QTTarget XFWeight XFTarget
QFlags   JobFlags Limits

DEFAULT                      0        0        0        0     0.00
[NONE]     [NONE] [NONE]
[ALL]                        0        0        0        0     0.00
[NONE]     [NONE] [NONE]
bigmemhigh                  80        0        0        0     0.00
[NONE]     [NONE]  MAXPROC=32
   Classes:  bigmemhigh
high                        70        0        0        0     0.00
[NONE]     [NONE] [NONE]
   Classes:  high
<snip>

So I see that bigmemhigh has a MAXPROC=32 limit.  But I have not set
that in the maui.cfg file, and the limit does not show up with the
showconfig command or in the PBS parameters.

How do change this value?
Thanks,
Tony Schreiner