[Mauiusers] Limiting the number of processors by queue (multi-dimension fairness policies)

Michael Homa mhoma at uic.edu
Fri Jul 17 15:50:08 MDT 2009

One final question. I've  configured a long queue, one job per user:

  max_user_run = 1

However, a user (mhoma) has asked for an exception.  As far as I can tell,
torque has no exception. The rule applies to everyone wanting to run
something on that queue.  If I remove that setting from torque, does Maui have
something where say "let all users be restricted to one job except for
mhoma who is allowed to run three.

  CLASSCFG[long] MAXJOB[USER]=1 MAXJOB[USER:mhoma]=3

Michael Homa
Operating Systems Support and Database Group
Academic Computing and Communication Center
University of Illinois at Chicago
email:  mhoma at uic.edu