[Mauiusers] Limiting the number of processors by queue (multi-dimension fairness policies)

Michael Homa mhoma at uic.edu
Fri Jul 17 14:13:20 MDT 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Greenseid, Joseph M (IS) wrote:

> would setting resources_max.nodect=4 for the queue in torque do what you need?

Hi Joe:

Yes, that would work. But, and I didn't really explain this at all in my
note (was trying to be brief), I'm trying to have Maui do all the "policy
stuff" and have torque just define the resource(s). I'd like to avoid having
some policies in torque and some policies in Maui. If there's no way to do
what I want just in Maui, then what you suggest is the way to go. But, I'm
not sure at this point if the reason I can't get it all into Maui is because
of a limitation of Maui or if I'm just being stupid. In any event, I
appreciate your response.

Michael