[Mauiusers] Maui Full Open Source Fork?

Jason Williams jasonw at jhu.edu
Tue Jul 7 10:26:22 MDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

I am curious about something, and perhaps someone over at Cluster
Resources could respond here.  I've read through the license file that
is included in maui and have noticed that it's not a GPL license.  I'm
not, by any means, a lawyer, but I am curious to know whether or not
it's possible to completely release the source code for maui under a
full Open Source Compatible license so that the community at large can
take it and roll with it.  I'm afraid to start up a fork myself without
someone at Cluster Resources blessing the process because the wording in
the license is so odd to me.  But it seems to me that Cluster Resources
may not be maintaining the code anymore, so would it be possible to let
the Open Source Community do that under something along the lines of a
GPL or other OSS Compatible license?  Just curious.

--
Jason Williams