[Mauiusers] Jobs don't use standing reservations

Stephen Childs Stephen.Childs at cs.tcd.ie
Mon Jan 26 04:57:35 MST 2009

I have created standing reservations to reserve nodes for users in a
particular group. However, when jobs from users in that group come in,
they don't seem to use the reservation, and the reserved nodes remain
free. Is there something I need to do to make these jobs use the
reservation? I thought it should happen automatically.

I have attached the snippet from maui.cfg where I defined the reservation,
the output of showres, and checkjob for the relevant job.

Stephen

--
Dr. Stephen Childs
Associate Research Lecturer      phone:                    +353-1-8961797

SRCFG[himem] TASKCOUNT=16
SRCFG[himem] GROUPLIST=atlas,lhcb
SRCFG[himem] PERIOD=INFINITY

[root at gridgate ~]# showres -n himem.0.0|tail -n 1
17 nodes reserved

[root at gridgate ~]# checkjob  195068

checking job 195068

State: Idle
Creds:  user:atlp  group:atlas  class:himem  qos:DEFAULT
WallTime: 00:00:00 of 1:12:00:00
SubmitTime: Fri Jan 23 07:12:50
   (Time Queued  Total: 3:12:46  Eligible: 3:12:46)

   Total Tasks: 1

   Req[0]  TaskCount: 1  Partition: ALL
   Network: [NONE]  Memory >= 2000M  Disk >= 0  Swap >= 2500M
   Opsys: [NONE]  Arch: [NONE]  Features: [NONE]
   Dedicated Resources Per Task: PROCS: 1  MEM: 2000M  SWAP: 2500M

   IWD: [NONE]  Executable:  [NONE]
   Bypass: 240  StartCount: 0
   PartitionMask: [ALL]
   Flags:       RESTARTABLE

   PE:  2.01  StartPriority:  794
   job cannot run in partition DEFAULT (idle procs do not meet
requirements : 0
   of 1 procs found)
   idle procs: 603  feasible procs:   0

   Rejection Reasons: [CPU          :   44][Memory       :    3][State
     :
   21][ReserveTime  :   31]

--
Dr. Stephen Childs,
Research Fellow, EGEE Project,    phone:                    +353-1-8961797