[Mauiusers] node allocation problem with NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY MINRESOURCE

Craig West cwest at astro.umass.edu
Thu Jan 22 11:45:25 MST 2009

Lech,

Are you able to run more than one job on a single node at all?
A good way to test this would be to force two jobs onto a single node
(try an unused node):

    qsub -l nodes=<node_name>:ppn=2 <job_script>
    qsub -l nodes=<node_name>:ppn=4 <job_script>

Are you also specifying RAM or other restrictions in the qsub, or
default settings for the queue in torque?

What version of Maui and Torque are you running?
A copy of your maui.cfg might help.

Craig.