[Mauiusers] NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY MINRESOURCE not working

Craig West cwest at astro.umass.edu
Tue Jan 6 11:24:07 MST 2009

Shawn,

> Does anyone know how maui determines the available resources?

I just took a quick look at the source code, and it appears that the
first search it does is to fit the memory available on the nodes.
However, the maximum it looks at is 8192 (guessing MB here), so in your
case I would think that it is seeing all the nodes as equals.

Perhaps this should be updated to be more relevant to our present day
machine capacities?

For those interested, see line 1179 of src/moab/MSched.c in 3.2.6p21.
I've not looked at what would happen if this was just changed to a
higher number, would that break something else...???

Craig.