[Mauiusers] PBS Python Bindings

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Jan 5 08:58:35 MST 2009

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009, Mohan KR wrote:

> I have a yet another PBS Python Bindings available @:

Why do you write about it on the Maui users' list and not on the
Torque one ?

>  http://code.google.com/p/py-pbs

I can see that this was available for more than a year - any reason
for writing about it only now ?

> I had used this to build large Python based infrastructure
> (including commands, scheduler among other things).

IMHO it would be more interesting to make these public rather than
just saying that they could be done.

> I know we have used it with PBS both pro, opensource and of course
> maui.

It seems to me like Maui doesn't have anything to do it, or am I wrong ?

What are the main differences between it and the SARA pbs_python
package (which exists for a number of years) ?

> I would like to see if there is interest in maui community to pick
> it up. I have similar JNI Java bindings too, which is still not
> polished well enough to be a project.

Are these bindings for Torque or for Maui ?

--
Bogdan Costescu

IWR, University of Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49 6221 54 8240, Fax: +49 6221 54 8850
E-mail: bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de