[Mauiusers] Re: maui not schedulling jobs in avaliable resources

Roy Dragseth roy.dragseth at cc.uit.no
Mon Feb 23 10:15:44 MST 2009

On Monday 23 February 2009 16:17:50 Brian Christiansen wrote:
> Checkout the parameter RESERVATIONDEPTH. I believe it is already doing
> what you are wanting to do. By default maui only creates one priority
> reservation. This can be changed with the RESERVATIONDEPTH parameter.
>
> ex. RESERVATIONDEPTH[0] 5
>
> http://clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/a.fparameters.shtml#reservat
>iondepth

No, it won't, this will create job reservations for the N jobs with highest
priority which might make sense in some scenarios, but limits the schedulers
freedom to utilize resources.  I want to keep a reservation only for the job
with highest priority and get maui to schedule on all other resources.

r.

--
  The Computer Center, University of Tromsø, N-9037 TROMSØ Norway.
              phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00
         Direct call: +47 77 64 62 56. email: roy.dragseth at uit.no