[Mauiusers] Re: maui not schedulling jobs in avaliable resources

Michel Béland michel.beland at rqchp.qc.ca
Wed Feb 18 12:24:57 MST 2009

Hi,

> After some investigation I found some more clues:
>
> Maui seems to don't know how to proceed if it has some jobs at the top
> of the queue with some Feature (ifae or slc4 in my case) and those jobs
> cannot run, but it has many jobs with other feature down in teh queue
> and they have free slots...
>
> We solve this by setting MAX IDLE jobs per class... 1 job at this
> momemt. With this set, we have our farm full, with out, jobs unable to
> run block the entire farm.

This looks like what we observe here. We also see that showbf never says
that resources are available with no time limit, even when obviously
there are some. The command showstart shows that jobs can start
immediately, but they quite often do not.

How do you set MAX IDLE jobs per class? What does it mean, really?

--
Michel Béland, analyste en calcul scientifique
michel.beland at rqchp.qc.ca
bureau S-250, pavillon Roger-Gaudry (principal), Université de Montréal
téléphone   : 514 343-6111 poste 3892     télécopieur : 514 343-2155
RQCHP (Réseau québécois de calcul de haute performance)  www.rqchp.qc.ca