[Mauiusers] Reservation issue

rishi pathak mailmaverick666 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 00:18:00 MST 2009

Hello Charles,
                    Job reservation will exists till the job ends. You can
always modify reservation ''moraj' excluding the nodes which you want to
take offline and adding more nodes if required. If you are using PBS/Torque,
you can drain a node by making it offline.

P.S. By the command used for reservation, I guess you are using MOAB. Post
your queries for moab support at moabusers at supercluster.org

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Charles Johnson <
charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu> wrote:

> Please excuse the cross-post, but I need some help.
>
> We need to take down a small group of nodes to upgrade their network
> connection. They will be off line for a few hours, perhaps a day. I am
> having a problem I cannot seem to solve, and I am looking for some
> guidance. One of the nodes has a reservation on it currently. Here is
> what I did:
>
> mrsvctl -c -n moraj -F ignrsv -a 'USER==johns276+' -s
> 08:00:00_12/28/09 -d 24:00:00 -h 'vmp001,vmp002,vmp003, vmp004'
>
> The reservation was created, but a job currently having a reservation
> on vmp002 remains, and will run across that time frame.
>
> How do I create a reservation that induces the scheduler to change the
> existing job reservation to some node outside this group, or to start
> after the reservation ends?
>
> TIA
>
> Charles
> --
> Charles Johnson
> Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
> Vanderbilt University
> charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu

Regards--
Rishi Pathak
National PARAM Supercomputing Facility
Center for Development of Advanced Computing(C-DAC)
Pune University Campus,Ganesh Khind Road
Pune-Maharastra