[Mauiusers] Reservation hekp

Charles Johnson charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Dec 17 13:15:13 MST 2009

On Dec 17, 2009, at 2:01 PM, R Tapia wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you tried the command without the caret in front of "vmp287"?
>
> I know that the caret is used in reservations to negate the sense of
> an ACL in a reservation.
>
> I also see that it is mentioned as being part of the match syntax in
> the
> mrsvctl man page. Maybe there is a problem with the interpretation of
> the caret.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron

Thank you for the kindness of your reply, Ron.

I have tried

mrsvctl -c -n manodeep -h 'vmp287' -a group==nbody -F  ignstate,ignrsv
-d 720:00:00

mrsvctl -c -n manodeep -a group==nbody -F  ignstate,ignrsv -d
720:00:00 -h 'vmp287'

mrsvctl -c -n manodeep -a group==nbody -F  ignstate,ignrsv -d
720:00:00 -h vmp287

All have appear to me to fail in exactly the same way.

This has now become a fire for us as we have nodes that need to come
down the week after Christmas and I can't get a reservation in place
that protects them.

I am open to any ideas.

Cheers--

Charles
--
Charles Johnson
Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu