[Mauiusers] Reservation issue

Charles Johnson charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Dec 17 10:16:30 MST 2009

Please excuse the cross-post, but I need some help.

We need to take down a small group of nodes to upgrade their network
connection. They will be off line for a few hours, perhaps a day. I am
having a problem I cannot seem to solve, and I am looking for some
guidance. One of the nodes has a reservation on it currently. Here is
what I did:

mrsvctl -c -n moraj -F ignrsv -a 'USER==johns276+' -s
08:00:00_12/28/09 -d 24:00:00 -h 'vmp001,vmp002,vmp003, vmp004'

The reservation was created, but a job currently having a reservation
on vmp002 remains, and will run across that time frame.

How do I create a reservation that induces the scheduler to change the
existing job reservation to some node outside this group, or to start
after the reservation ends?

Charles Johnson
Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Vanderbilt University
charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu