[Mauiusers] Reservation issue

Charles Johnson charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Dec 17 10:16:30 MST 2009

Please excuse the cross-post, but I need some help.

We need to take down a small group of nodes to upgrade their network
connection. They will be off line for a few hours, perhaps a day. I am
having a problem I cannot seem to solve, and I am looking for some
guidance. One of the nodes has a reservation on it currently. Here is
what I did:

mrsvctl -c -n moraj -F ignrsv -a 'USER==johns276+' -s
08:00:00_12/28/09 -d 24:00:00 -h 'vmp001,vmp002,vmp003, vmp004'

The reservation was created, but a job currently having a reservation
on vmp002 remains, and will run across that time frame.

How do I create a reservation that induces the scheduler to change the
existing job reservation to some node outside this group, or to start
after the reservation ends?

TIA

Charles
--
Charles Johnson
Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu