[Mauiusers] [torqueusers] Maui-Torque integration problems

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Dec 10 15:04:32 MST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 08:34:12AM -0800, Jim Kusznir alleged:
> Ok, I increased the logging level and tried the various definations of
> RMCFG suggested by others; no chage or helpful results.
>
> I think this is the crux of the problem (loglevel 5):
>
> 12/10 08:20:49 MRMWorkloadQuery()
> 12/10 08:20:49 MPBSWorkloadQuery(ISP-CURRAN.ISP.WSU.EDU,JCount,SC)
> 12/10 08:20:49 INFO:     queue is empty
> 12/10 08:20:49 INFO:     0 PBS jobs detected on RM ISP-CURRAN.ISP.WSU.EDU
> 12/10 08:20:49 WARNING:  no workload detected
>
> Just a few lines above that, it does:
> 12/10 08:20:49 MRMClusterQuery()
> 12/10 08:20:49 MPBSClusterQuery(ISP-CURRAN.ISP.WSU.EDU,RCount,SC)
> 12/10 08:20:49 __MPBSGetNodeState(Name,State,PNode)
> 12/10 08:20:49 INFO:     PBS node isp-curran set to state Idle (free)
>
> And correctly detects my resources and their states.
>
> So maui is clearly able to talk to torque, its just not able to load
> the list of jobs.  It does load the compute resources just fine.  Does
> maui use a different method/connection to load jobs from the scheduler
> (i.e., a different network port to torque, etc)?

It's a permissions issue.

You need to set the maui user as a manager in pbs_server.

'set server managers += maui at isp-curran' will probably do what you want.

In the pbs_server log, you probably have a message about maui at somewhere
connecting. It's not an error message. Use the same user at host string it is
printing.

I know you already have it in the list with the fqdn, but pbs_server only cares
about the results of the reserve lookup. It doesn't know your domain name and
doesn't know that isp-curran == isp-curran.isp.wsu.edu.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!