[Mauiusers] Maui ignores consumable resources

Dr. Stephan Raub raub at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Dec 10 00:34:55 MST 2009

Jörg,

I'm facing a quite similar problem: A cluster with some computenodes, each
featuring a Tesla C1060.

Firstly, I tried to add a "Dynamic Consumable Generic Resource" (see
Torque-Manual, Section C.2) in all mom-configs like "cuda 1" (or "cuda 4" in
your case). The torque-manual states, that these resources are forwarded to
"the scheduler". As Maui didn't take any notice of this, I must come to the
conclusion that "the scheduler" refer only to the build-in torque-scheduler.

My second approach was, to make a Queue "cuda". Then I tried to configure
Maui in such a way, that for this queue, the nodes can only be used
exclusively by ONE job with:

CLASSCFG[cuda] FLAGS=DEDICATED

Unfortunately, when I send a whole bunch of jobs in this queue, the first
eight end up on the same node (as it has 8 cores).

Have you find any solution to your problem since your last message in July?

Best regards

Stephan

[TORQUE 2.3.7: Output of qmgr "p s"]
create queue cuda
set queue cuda queue_type = Execution
set queue cuda resources_max.walltime = 360:00:00
set queue cuda enabled = True
set queue cuda started = True

[MAUI 3.2.6p21: maui.cfg]
[
]

ADMIN1 root
ADMINHOST localhost

RMTYPE[0] PBS
RMHOST[0] localhost
RMPORT[0] 15003
RMSERVER[0] localhost

RMPOLLINTERVAL 00:00:10

SERVERPORT 42559
SERVERMODE NORMAL

LOGFILE maui.log
LOGFILEMAXSIZE 10000000
LOGLEVEL 3

QUEUETIMEWEIGHT 1

BACKFILLDEPTH 0
BACKFILLMETRIC PROCS
BACKFILLPOLICY BESTFIT

FSPOLICY DEDICATEDPS
FSINTERVAL 24:00:00
FSWEIGHT 1

RESERVATIONPOLICY CURRENTHIGHEST

CLASSWEIGHT 10
CLASSCFG[cuda] FLAGS=DEDICATED
| | Dr. rer. nat. Stephan Raub
| | Dipl. Chem.
| | Lehrstuhl für IT-Management / ZIM
| | Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf Universitätsstr. 1 /
| | 25.41.O2.25-2
| | 40225 Düsseldorf / Germany
| |