[Mauiusers] Maui-Torque integration problems

Jim Kusznir jkusznir at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 13:02:01 MST 2009

Hello:

I'm trying to set up a new torque+maui install on a machine I
"inherited", and am running into a major issue.

I've finally got torque and maui running and talking (at least maui
now sees the resource torque has: one 256-CPU system).  Unfortunately,
maui never sees the jobs that are queued in torque.

I'm not even sure how to debug this...I've been fighting it for hours, though.

Here's some sample output:

kusznir at isp-curran:~> qstat
Job id                    Name             User            Time Use S Queue
------------------------- ---------------- --------------- -------- - -----
1.isp-curran              STDIN            kusznir                0 Q
batch
kusznir at isp-curran:~> diagnose -j 1
Name                  State Par Proc QOS     WCLimit R  Min     User
 Group  Account  QueuedTime  Network  Opsys   Arch    Mem   Disk
Procs       Class Features

kusznir at isp-curran:~> checkjob 1
ERROR:    'checkjob' failed
ERROR:  cannot locate job '1'

kusznir at isp-curran:~> showq
ACTIVE JOBS--------------------
JOBNAME            USERNAME      STATE  PROC   REMAINING            STARTTIME

     0 Active Jobs       0 of  256 Processors Active (0.00%)
                         0 of    1 Nodes Active      (0.00%)

IDLE JOBS----------------------
JOBNAME            USERNAME      STATE  PROC     WCLIMIT            QUEUETIME

0 Idle Jobs

BLOCKED JOBS----------------
JOBNAME            USERNAME      STATE  PROC     WCLIMIT            QUEUETIME

Total Jobs: 0   Active Jobs: 0   Idle Jobs: 0   Blocked Jobs: 0

So its clear that maui sees the 256 processor resource on 1 node
(accurate), but sees no queued jobs...what causes this / how do I fix
this?

Thanks!
--Jim