[Mauiusers] Floating resources not working properly

Wickliffe, Blake W blake.wickliffe at aramco.com
Mon Apr 13 06:14:23 MDT 2009

Howdy,

I'm having a strange problem with global floating consumable resources in Maui.  I am trying to share a group of tape drives with a number of nodes.

I've added the following line to maui.cfg

NODECFG[GLOBAL]  GRES=atl4:5,atl5:5

When I do a "checknode GLOBAL", I get:

checking node GLOBAL

State:      Idle  (in current state for 00:00:04)
Configured Resources: atl4: 5
Utilized   Resources: [NONE]
Dedicated  Resources: [NONE]
Opsys:        [NONE]  Arch:      [NONE]
Speed:      0.00  Load:       0.000
Features:   [NONE]
Classes:    [NONE]

Reservations:
NOTE:  no reservations on node

In other words, the second resource (atl5) doesn't show up at all!

I am running maui version 3.2.6p21, on RHEL4u5 2.6.9-55.ELsmp.

As an additional issue, when I only specify 1 GRES, ie:

NODECFG[GLOBAL]  GRES=atl4:5

I cannot reserve that resource using qsub -l gres=atl4.  The only way that seems to work is qsub -l software=atl4.

I am using Torque 2.3.6

HELP!

Blake Wickliffe
Saudi Aramco
ENOD/CSYS/USG HPC Team
(873-4417)

The contents of this email, including all related responses, files and attachments transmitted with it (collectively referred to as "this Email"), are intended solely for the use of the individual/entity to whom/which they are addressed, and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. This Email may not be disclosed or forwarded to anyone else without authorization from the originator of this Email. If you have received this Email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies from your system. Please note that the views or opinions presented in this Email are those of the author and may not necessarily represent those of Saudi Aramco. The recipient should check this Email and any attachments for the presence of any viruses. Saudi Aramco accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus/error transmitted by this Email.