[Mauiusers] user and groups

Stijn De Weirdt stijn.deweirdt at ugent.be
Fri Apr 3 02:23:33 MDT 2009

hi bas,
> > we would like to organize our users in groups wrt eg fairshare.
> > one thing that is aboslutely unclear to me is how maui sees the
> > concept
> > of a group. the documentation on this is rather thin and yes, i could
> > check the code but sending emails is easier ;)
> >
> > the documentation suggests that a groupname (ie what you must put
> > between []  in GROUPCFG[]) corresponds to a regular group in linux.
> > but i still have questions:
> >
> > a. how is this checked? is this group the primary group of the user or
> > does maui scan all groups to check if the user is a member?
> If you have the latest maui version.  Just read the changelog and see
> that secondary groups are also
> supported:
> {{{
> FSSECONDARYGROUPS        TRUE
> }}}

i quickly scanned the relevant code. so maui collects all groupnames,
and then checks if the user is a member of that group. the first group
that has this user, is the group used (i'm going to guess that the
groupname list is constructed by parsing the maui.cfg from top to
bottom, in case users are member of multiple groups).

thanks a lot for pointing this out (and for the patch ofcourse ;)

stijn

--
The system will shutdown in 5 minutes.