[Mauiusers] Re: [torqueusers] maui + torque job start rate

Ling C. Ho ling at fnal.gov
Wed Apr 1 08:33:46 MDT 2009

Our single-np jobs take 3-6 seconds to start, when there are already jobs running on the worker
nodes (configured as 2-8 nps). Even using qrun -a, it still take close to 2 seconds to start.
Starting jobs on batch of "free" worker nodes is really fast, but most of the time we have some jobs
already running on the worker nodes. Would Moab Asyncstart help in this case? Do the jobs actually
get started, or are they just being pushed to Torque in a higher rate.

Thanks,
ling