[Mauiusers] Command "setspri"

Berit Hinnemann behi at topsoe.dk
Mon Sep 29 06:12:18 MDT 2008

Hi all,

We are using torque 2.16 and maui 3.2.6p16. I just found out that a user
can use "setspri" to adjust his/her jobs' priorities. I always thought
that only the Maui administrator could execute this command. My questions
are:

Is this the normal behavior of maui that a user can execute setspri?

If not, what could be the reason for this abnormal behavior?

Is there a way to prevent the users from being able to use setspri?
Because this causes the behavior that everyone just sets the priorities up
and this is not a reasonable way to prioritize.

I would appreciate any pointers. Thank you!

Best regards, Berit

Berit Hinnemann
Research Scientist | Characterization Department | Research & Development
Haldor Topsøe A/S
Nymøllevej 55
DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby
Phone: +45 4527 2130 (direct)
Haldor Topsøe is market leading within heterogeneous catalysis and
supplies catalysts and process design for oil refineries, chemical plants
and the energy sector. The environment plays an important role in Topsøe's
research and production, and through the introduction of new catalysts and
technologies the company supports a more sustainable use of the world's
resources. Annual revenues total DKK 3.5 billion generated by our 1,700
dedicated employees. For additional information please see our web site
www.topsoe.com

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is confidential and
may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee.
Any unauthorised distribution or disclosure is prohibited. Disclosure to
anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute waiver of
privilege.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
e-mail and delete it and any attachments from your computer system and
records.
HALDOR TOPSOE (www.topsoe.com)