[Mauiusers] Re: [torqueusers] Maui and Torque not agreeing on jobstate

Craig West cwest at astro.umass.edu
Wed Sep 24 08:21:32 MDT 2008

Philip,

I think you will find the job or a node has an error. It is being
continuously restarted. Notice the start_count variable is high, also
there is the exit_status variable which doesn't usually appear until the
job has exited (at least once).

I think the job is being continuously re-queued. You may want to put a
hold on it, or delete it until you can understand why.

I would check the logs on the server to see which nodes it trying to run
on, then check that node to see if there is a problem.
"tracejob <jobid>" should show some useful information, but needs to be
run by root to get detailed information. The "exec_host" variable will
tell you which nodes it is trying to run on.

Craig.