[Mauiusers] Suspended jobs count against MAXIJOB

Steve Young chemadm at hamilton.edu
Tue Sep 9 10:04:28 MDT 2008

Hi,
	I am running maui 3.2.6p14 (with torque 2.2.1). I recently ran in to
a situation where a person was preempted and the jobs went into the
Suspended state in order to process the higher priority jobs. Seems to
work as expected.

I limit the queue this person uses to process only 32 of the jobs. I
also put a MAXIJOB limit of 4. When more than four of the jobs were
Suspended it seems to count against Idle job's. So no more of the jobs
get processed up to his 32 job limit since he hit the MAXIJOB limit
already. I can understand that a suspended job could be considered
idle but shouldn't it be more considered Running (just that it is in a
tmp suspended state)? This way it would count against his running
total and allow up to 32 jobs to still be processed? I'm not for
certain on this but I'm wondering if this is how the code works
currently.

Once I did a qrerun on his suspended jobs to remove the MAXIJOB limit,
his jobs all started running again on the rest of the open processors.
I'm also not sure but it seems like the preemption took place before
maui scheduled the rest of the open nodes on that queue.

Anyhow, just thought I would bring it up and see if anyone else ran
into this before. I'll keep an eye on it to see if this happens again.

-Steve