[Mauiusers] restrict user to use only his reserved nodes in a queue

Dimitris Zilaskos dzila at tassadar.physics.auth.gr
Thu Nov 27 00:07:25 MST 2008

         Hi,

I am facing the requirement that a particular user(s), inside a queue,
should be able to use only certain nodes, which are
reserved for him. His jobs should be send exclusively to these nodes, and
be queued if the reserved nodes are busy. This
is needed to be done completely transparently to the user because his jobs
arrive from the grid and he cannot specify any
extra parameters to torque.

I am not sure if this can be achieved with maui/torque configuration. I
can reserve the nodes, but if they are busy I dont
know what could prevent the user utilizing other nodes that are free. One
approach would be to try a negative userlist in
the non reserved nodes and see if it works. Another would be to craft a
SUBMIFILTER that will pass some parameters to
torque upon examining the username.

What you think would be the best approach?

Cheers,