[Mauiusers] how to force certains nodes for a user

Dimitris Zilaskos dzila at tassadar.physics.auth.gr
Wed Nov 26 14:01:48 MST 2008

 	Hi,

I am facing the requirement that a particular user(s), inside a queue,
should be able to use only certain nodes, which are reserved for him. His
jobs should be send exclusively to these nodes, and be queued if the
reserved nodes are busy. This is needed to be done completely
transparently to the user because his jobs arrive from the grid and he
cannot specify any extra parameters to torque.

I am not sure if this can be achieved with maui/torque configuration. I
can reserve the nodes, but if they are busy I dont know what could prevent
the user utilizing other nodes that are free. One approach would be to try
a negative userlist in the non reserved nodes and see if it works. Another
would be to craft a SUBMIFILTER that will pass some parameters to torque
upon examining the username.

What you think would be the best approach?

Cheers,