[Mauiusers] How to have per-node per-user priorities

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Wed Nov 12 16:58:31 MST 2008

Looks good to me.  MAXNODE is a 'job throttling' setting which is evaluated before priority in the scheduling cycle and as such takes absolute priority.

The setup will only work well if the power users keep jobs queued - and then low priority users will be locked out.

If the power users do not submit enough jobs, the cluster could still get filled by low priority jobs, so you might want a walltime limit to avoid others filling the cluster with long low priority jobs.  Of course you can just talk to the users and ask then to play nicely too.

MAXNODE may not do quite what you want in a multi-cpu/core context id jobs can share nodes.  I think there's also a MAXPROC.

Cheers,

Gareth, CSIRO ASC