[Mauiusers] diagnose shows non-existant groups

Nicholas Geraedts ngeraedts at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 14:29:49 MST 2008

We recently did some cleanup on the groups on our compute cluster. All of
the users have been consolidated into three groups. However, diagnose with
the -f and -g options both still show the non-existant groups. They are not
defined in /etc/group nor are they recognized by the systems. Restarting
maui and torque on the job submission server seems to have no effect. There
are even groups being identified by their old gid!

Is there some sort of cache that maui keeps of the users and groups that are
active? Do I need to restart torque on each of the compute nodes?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
-Nick