[Mauiusers] Re: [torqueusers] Configuring maui parameters for sharing it among two groups

Justin Finnerty justin.finnerty at uni-oldenburg.de
Mon May 26 01:58:51 MDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 12:32 +0530, vaibhav agrawal wrote:
> Hi all,

Your email descirbes fair-sharing exactly.  For groups the relevant maui
parameters are (for example from my maui.cfg)

GROUPCFG[G2]       PRIORITY=1 FSTARGET=40+
GROUPCFG[G1]       PRIORITY=1 FSTARGET=60+
FSCAP                   10.0
FSPOLICY                DEDICATEDPES
# FSDEPTH is at default
FSDEPTH                 32
FSINTERVAL              86400
FSDECAY                 0.80
FSGROUPWEIGHT           20
FSWEIGHT                100

Maui should then attempt to target 40 percent of the machine to group
G2. The '+' I think allows it to exceed this value if no other jobs are
queue.  (Note I just use the UNIX group of a user rather than defining
groups in maui.)

Then use 'diagnose -f' to monitor what how the allocations are going.

Cheers
	Justin
--
Dr Justin Finnerty
Rm W3-1-165         Ph 49 (441) 798 3726