[Mauiusers] Assigning users to groups / groups to nodes

James A. Peltier jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Sun May 25 23:34:01 MDT 2008

Hi All,

I would like to provide the ability for users to have priority access to
hardware that they purchased.  My initial thought is to define those
users into groups and then create a class for which those users belong.
These users would still have access to the entire cluster but given that
their hardware is available they go there first.

Something like

GROUPCFG[group1] user1,user2,user3,user4
CLASSCFG[class1] GROUP=group1 HOSTLIST=node1,node2,node3

Would this work?  Is this the best way to do it?  I would like to avoid
the use of partitions due to the 2 available partition limitations in
maui, also, I don't think standing reservations is the way to go?

Any ideas would be great! :)

--
James A. Peltier
Systems Analyst (FASNet), VIVARIUM Technical Director
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.fas.sfu.ca | http://vivarium.cs.sfu.ca
MSN     : subatomic_spam at hotmail.com