[Mauiusers] Maui Accounting

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Wed May 21 08:20:40 MDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:25:26AM -0700, Naveed Near-Ansari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We ruyn a number of clusters with varying schedulers currently. I was
> wondering in anyone knows of accounting packages out there for maui. I
> am looking for something that can tell me the number of CPU hours a user
> or group has used over a certain time period. Moab seems to have this
> from some installations we have, but we are trying to evaluate if maui
> can also do this.

You should be able to do this with GOLD:

http://www.clusterresources.com/pages/products/gold-allocation-manager.php

It tracks everything in seconds, but you can easily do some simple
arithmetic to turn that to CPU hours.  It's just perl + SQL (I believe both
PostgreSQL and MySQL are supported).

HTH,

Gabe

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu