[Mauiusers] Stop/start service when jobs are finished?

Nicholas Geraedts ngeraedts at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:28:21 MDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it might be possible to setup a system that would
start/stop a service on the compute nodes based on whether they had a job
that was submitted to them. I'm not sure if this is best setup on the
compute nodes, or rather that this should be controlled by the headnode. The
service would likely start a process that takes up the system resources,
however, so I'm not sure how this would work in conjunction with the
load-monitoring of Maui/Torque.

Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
-Nick