[Mauiusers] Reservations do not work properly

Rocio Carrillo rocio.carrillo at ehu.es
Tue May 20 03:10:32 MDT 2008

Hi,

At the University we have a cluster with open SuSE which does work just
at nights and on weekends. The rest of the time the nodes are off or
working with Windows for the students.

We have this configuration on the maui.cfg file:

SRCFG[pruebas] ACCESS=DEDICATED
SRCFG[pruebas] GROUPLIST=arina
SRCFG[pruebas] HOSTLIST=node1,node2,node3

SRCFG[pruebas] ENDTIME=20:10:00
SRCFG[pruebas] STARTTIME=10:00:00
SRCFG[pruebas] PERIOD=DAY DEPTH=30
DAYS=Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri

If we send these jobs on Wednesday at 9:00:

- job1.sh --> requires 10 minutes
- job2.sh --> requires 4 hours
- job3.sh --> requires 24 hours

Job 1 is executed inmediatly, and jobs 2 and 3 stay in queue but both
enters on Wednesday at 20:10.

I really need job3.sh to not enter until weekend, and I cannot
understand why it doesn't work.

I would appreciate very much any help you can give me.

Regards,

Rocío.
Spain.