[Mauiusers] strange maui interaction

Josh England josh at tgsmc.com
Mon May 12 16:06:50 MDT 2008

maui-3.2.6p19 with slurm-1.2.24 on Redhat-EL-5.1

I'm a strange issue on our batch system.  More than once I've seen batch
jobs complete but maui (showres) still shows reservations for the
completed jobs.  Those reservations effectively stop any new jobs from
landing on those nodes and eventually lead to a stalled queue.  I have
to manually shut down and restart both maui and slurm for maui to get
its head back together.  Any idea what could cause this and how to
prevent it from happening?

-JE