[Mauiusers] Re: mauiusers Digest, Vol 46, Issue 3

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Thu May 8 11:54:05 MDT 2008

On Wed, 7 May 2008 20:59:24 +0200 (CEST)
Justin Finnerty wrote:

> > Ok, but why are partitions deprectaed?¿
>
> Ok, my reading of the partition page of the admin guide at
> http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/7.2partitions.shtml
> would suggest that partitions have been "superceded" by standing
> reservations and node sets.
Yep, you could be right. Manual recommends other procedures.

> Now, to your problem, if I was going to limit users to particular
> machines I would associate a user to a QOS and make sure a user is
> only associated by user OR by group but not both.  Then I would
> associate the QOS to a standing reservation.
Ok, I'll try the QoS and see if it's enoguht to ensure that users use
one host and not other... But limiting QoS by user or by group is a
big trouble here, we have more than 150 users ...

> Cheers
>         Justin
Thanks for all your replies,
Arnau