[Mauiusers] Re: mauiusers Digest, Vol 46, Issue 3

Justin Finnerty justin.finnerty at uni-oldenburg.de
Wed May 7 12:59:24 MDT 2008

> Ok, but why are partitions deprectaed?¿

Ok, my reading of the partition page of the admin guide at
http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/7.2partitions.shtml
would suggest that partitions have been "superceded" by standing
reservations and node sets.

Now, to your problem, if I was going to limit users to particular machines
I would associate a user to a QOS and make sure a user is only associated
by user OR by group but not both.  Then I would associate the QOS to a
standing reservation.

Cheers
        Justin

--
Dr Justin Finnerty
Rm W3-1-218         Ph 49 (441) 798 3726