[Mauiusers] Re: mauiusers Digest, Vol 46, Issue 3

Justin Finnerty justin.finnerty at uni-oldenburg.de
Wed May 7 12:59:24 MDT 2008

> Ok, but why are partitions deprectaed?¿

Ok, my reading of the partition page of the admin guide at
would suggest that partitions have been "superceded" by standing
reservations and node sets.

Now, to your problem, if I was going to limit users to particular machines
I would associate a user to a QOS and make sure a user is only associated
by user OR by group but not both.  Then I would associate the QOS to a
standing reservation.

Dr Justin Finnerty
Rm W3-1-218         Ph 49 (441) 798 3726
Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg