[Mauiusers] Re: mauiusers Digest, Vol 46, Issue 2

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Wed May 7 02:20:18 MDT 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Justin Finnerty <
justin.finnerty at uni-oldenburg.de> wrote:

> >    1. Partitions: user & groups (Arnau Bria)
>
> Firstly, my understanding was one should use the QOS system for managing
> user access and standing reservations for managing resources.  (And that
> partitions are obsolete

Where have you read that partitions are obsolet?

I'd like to ensure that certain user won't never run in certain nodes, and
vice versa.  And I think I can't do that with QoS looking at
 your example and your explanation... did I miss something?

[...]

Cheers
>        Justin

Thanks for your reply!