[Mauiusers] Help with Maui

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Thu Jun 26 08:26:15 MDT 2008

Steve Young wrote:

> I'm still a little unclear about what your trying to do. It sounds
> like you want to over-commit a node with low priority jobs? I'm
> curious to see if we can get a better understanding of what your
> trying to accomplish someone might pipe up with a good suggestion for
> you on how to do it with one instance of torque/maui ;-).

What we want is to load up our 3 clusters with low priority, niced 19 jobs
and let them run to completion. These jobs take anywhere from a few days
to a week to complete. The problem is that I have an over demanding boss
(and users) who want their jobs to run now, regardless of what is already
queued and running. They can not and will not wait a few days (or weeks)
for their jobs to complete.

So my solution was the 2nd installation of Torque/Maui. If there is a way
to trick Torque/Maui into running multiple jobs at the same, I would like
to hear it.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu