[Mauiusers] Help with Maui

Steve Young chemadm at hamilton.edu
Thu Jun 26 08:14:59 MDT 2008

On Jun 26, 2008, at 9:36 AM, Jeremy Mann wrote:

>> As for having two separate instances of torque/maui I'm not sure why
>> you would want to do this? Are they load balanced  or something? One
>> instance of torque/maui should be able to handle everything you need
>> plus you won't have this confusion of keeping track of multiple
>> binaries/installations.
>
> We want to do this because it was our only solution. We want the low
> priority queue to always run regardless if there is an existing job
> running on that node. Once Maui/PBS take a node for a job, that's it,
> nothing else can execute on it.

I'm still a little unclear about what your trying to do. It sounds
like you want to over-commit a node with low priority jobs? I'm
curious to see if we can get a better understanding of what your
trying to accomplish someone might pipe up with a good suggestion for
you on how to do it with one instance of torque/maui ;-).

-Steve