[Mauiusers] Help with Maui

Steve Young chemadm at hamilton.edu
Thu Jun 26 08:06:37 MDT 2008

Thanks Ronny. Good point. On the other hand pre-emption still
wouldn't work without it since anyone else submitting to any other
queue wouldn't even get scheduled since MAUI couldn't get through the
whole list of those thousands of jobs (each iteration). By doing this
set up I get those thousands of jobs out of MAUI so that it can still
process/schedule the other queue's properly. Also, you are right, I
do turn it into a "50 jobs at a time" batching system... but only for
that 1 queue. All the other queue's operate as expected. They don't
normally have submissions of thousands of jobs at a time.