[Mauiusers] Patch for the default partition handling

Eygene Ryabinkin rea+maui at grid.kiae.ru
Mon Jun 23 03:50:27 MDT 2008

Josh, good day.

Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 02:48:53PM +0300, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 09:45:45PM +0400, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> > Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 11:29:44AM -0600, Josh Butikofer wrote:
> > > Because this patch changes some fundamental Maui scheduling code,
> > > one of the other developers here wants to do a thorough review
> > > of the changes you've proposed. He says that this will probably occur
> > > before the end of the month. Sorry for the delay. We are confident
> > > that your changes will have no negative side-effects for the community,
> > > but we need to make sure it is the best direction for the
> > > code. I hope you can understand our position.
> >
> > Yeah, sure -- the review will be very good, so I am for it: I could
> > overlook something or took the suboptimal path.  So I am understanding
> > your position and supporting it ;))
> >
> > > I'll keep you posted.
>
> Any news on the patch I coined?

Had not heard anything about my (old) patch for the default partition
handling.  I had ported it to the patchlevel 20, since it was not
applied cleanly to some snapshot.  The attached files are the new
patches that are applying cleanly to the latest snapshot,
maui-3.2.6p20-snap.12126171145.

So, what is the status of this patch?  Was it reviewed?  It works
for almost a year at our cluster, if someone is interested ;))
--
Eygene Ryabinkin, Russian Research Centre "Kurchatov Institute"