[Mauiusers] Torque/Maui: restrict jobs to selected number of nodes/CPUs

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Jun 15 17:58:21 MDT 2008

----- "Roman Zubatyuk" <zubatyuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to restrict jobs in selected Torque queues to `nodes=N:ppn=M`,
> not just to MxN procs on any number of nodes. People in Torque list
> wrote that this is impossible in Torque. Can I do this with Maui?

I doubt that Maui can do it.

But - you can probably do this with a torque submit
filter that is called from qsub with the users script
being fed via stdin.

http://www.clusterresources.com/wiki/doku.php?id=torque:appendix:j_submit_filter

You can write that in whatever language you like, and
parse the script and do with it as you will.

cheers!
Chris