[Mauiusers] Reg Maui and torque integration

Daniel Andrzejewski andrzeje at cs.utk.edu
Thu Jul 31 10:03:20 MDT 2008

Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 07:05:01PM +0530, Preethi Chockalingam alleged:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am trying to integrate maui and torque.
>> While running the configure script I have an error as stated.
>>
>> [root at academylab2 maui-3.2.6p17]#  ./configure --with-pbs=$TORQUECFG --with-spooldir=$MAUIDIR
>> checking for gcc... gcc
>> checking for C compiler default output... a.out
>> checking whether the C compiler works... yes
>> checking whether we are cross compiling... no
>> checking for suffix of executables...
>> checking for suffix of object files... o
>> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
>> checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
>> checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
>> checking whether ln -s works... yes
>> configure: error: can't find pbs-config or libpbs.a
>> [root at academylab2 maui-3.2.6p17]#
>>
>> pbs-config file is available. The libpbs.a file is nto found. I have no idea as how to go about it. Can any one help me on this??
>>

> Is pbs-config in your path?
>
> What is $TORQUECFG?

Hi,

I know it's an old topic. I encountered the same problem, but actually couldn't find an answer on
the mailing list.

I set $TORQUECFG to couple different places, but it didn't help; pbs-config is in my PATH, but that
doesn't help either. The only thing that helped was to symlink pbs-config to /sw/var/torque, which I
set up as --with-pbs flag.

ln -s /pkgs/torque-2.3.1/bin/pbs-config /sw/var/torque
./configure --prefix=/sw/maui-3.2.6p20 --with-spooldir=/sw/var/maui --with-pbs=/sw/var/torque

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Daniel
--
Daniel Andrzejewski
student IT Administrator

"Investment in knowledge always pays the best interest" Benjamin Franklin