[Mauiusers] Ignoring ACCOUNT priority for just one (of several) QOSes

Thomas M. Payerle payerle at umd.edu
Wed Jul 23 18:34:45 MDT 2008

Hi,

We are using a 2 component priority system: the QOS classes set a priority
and users have special privileged allocations which can boost their priority
through the ACCOUNT priority.  Currently weighted equally, and is working
for the most part.

The problem is we have a low priority queue, which is restricted to the
low priority QOS, and jobs in it are preemptable by any of the higher QOSes.
An user has started submitting long jobs to this low priority queue, using his
high priority allocation, causing it to have a higher priority value than
jobs submitted to the higher priority queues (without special ACCOUNT
priorities).

What we would ideally like is some way to force jobs submitted to the low
queue to ignore any ACCOUNT based priv settings, yet still allow the ACCOUNT
based priv settings to be used for other queues.

Any suggestions?

Simplified config:
---------
QUEUETIMEWEIGHT 1
QOSWEIGHT 100
ACCOUNTWEIGHT 100

QOSCFG[high] PRIORITY=3000 QFLAGS=PREMPTOR,DEDICATED,RESTARTPREEMPT
QOSCFG[low] PRIORITY=2000 QFLAGS=PREEMPTEE

CLASSCFG[high] QDEF=high
CLASSCFG[low] QDEF=low QLIST=low^

ACCOUNTCFG[special] PRIORITY=10000

-------

So a job submitted to high queue, without special account priv, gets a
priority of ~ 300000, which won't beat a job submitted to low queue with
special account priv ( ~ 1200000 ).

Tom Payerle
OIT-TSS-DCS				payerle at umd.edu
University of Maryland			(301) 405-6135