[Mauiusers] submission hosts

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Jul 23 11:54:41 MDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:13:06AM -0700, Naveed Near-Ansari alleged:

> Hi,
>
> i would like to make all nodes in my cluster submission hosts. I have
> run the following on the headnode and restarted maui and pbs_server:
>
> Qmgr: set server allow_node_submit=True
>
> when submitting from a node i get the following:
>
> [naveed at compute-11-2 new]$ /opt/torque/bin/qsub example-script-mpich
> qsub: Bad UID for job execution MSG=ruserok failed validating
> naveed/naveed from compute-11-2.local
>
> Is there some way to get this working without rsh?  Am i missing
> something?

Note that this is probably better asked on the torque list, not the maui list.

The problem is likely forward/reverse resolution mismatch.  pbs_server isn't
recognizing the incoming connections as comming from a compute node.  You could
also just add the correct names to the server's /etc/hosts.equiv.

University of Southern California