[Mauiusers] GPUs as a calculation elements in cluster.

Egor Tur worldeb at ukr.net
Thu Jul 17 14:40:09 MDT 2008

Hi folk.

What we have - each node in cluster has 2 GPUs and 8 cores (2 quad CPU).
What we want - create different queues (1) for GPU jobs, (2) for pure CPU jobs and (3) for mixed GPU+CPU jobs.
Case (1) means that all jobs use GPU on all nodes.
Case (2) means that all jobs use only CPU on all nodes.
Case (3) means that all jobs use as GPU as CPU (as threads) on each node.

How we can organise these by torque and maui?
For CPU jobs we must create queue which have only 6 CPU per node. (other 2 CPU are used by GPU)
For GPU jobs we must create queue which have 2 CPU per node.
And we what to have queue for jobs which use one GPU and 4 CPU per node.

If is it possible? If yes, how we can do this? Who have experience with the same problem?

Thanx.