[Mauiusers] Interactive job preemption

James A. Peltier jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Jul 9 16:48:10 MDT 2008

Hi All,

I had this working but I have lost the documentation to setting it up
again after suffering from a disk failure some time ago.

Anyways,  I have defined the queues in torque, but now for the life of me
I can't remember what options I need to set in the maui.cfg file to allow
these interactive jobs to suspend jobs running in the batch queue.

#
#
#
# Create and define queue batch
#
create queue batch
set queue batch queue_type = Execution
set queue batch resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue batch enabled = True
set queue batch started = True
#
# Create and define queue interactive
#
create queue interactive
set queue interactive queue_type = Execution
set queue interactive Priority = 1000
set queue interactive enabled = True
set queue interactive started = True
#
# Set server attributes.
#
set server scheduling = True
set server acl_hosts = queen.fas.sfu.ca
set server managers = root at queen.fas.sfu.ca
set server operators = root at queen.fas.sfu.ca
set server default_queue = batch
set server log_events = 511
set server mail_from = queen
set server scheduler_iteration = 600
set server node_check_rate = 150
set server tcp_timeout = 6
set server mom_job_sync = True
set server keep_completed = 300
set server next_job_number = 10304

maui.cfg definitions

QOSWEIGHT 1

QOSCFG[interactive] QFLAGS=PREMPTOR
QOSCFG[batch] QFLAGS=PREEMPTEE

CLASSWEIGHT 1

CLASSCFG[interactive] QDEF=interactive PRIORITY=10000
CLASSCFG[batch] QDEF=batch

# Job Preepmtion
# specifies how preemptible jobs will be preempted
# available options are REQUEUE, SUSPEND, CHECKPOINT
PREEMPTPOLICY SUSPEND

# How should maui handle jobs that utilize more resoureces
# than they requested.
RESOURCELIMITPOLICY MEM:EXTENDEDVIOLATION:CANCEL

What the heck am I missing?

--
James A. Peltier
Systems Analyst (FASNet), VIVARIUM Technical Director
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.fas.sfu.ca | http://vivarium.cs.sfu.ca
MSN     : subatomic_spam at hotmail.com