[Mauiusers] memory restriction

Jacques Foury Jacques.Foury at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Mon Jul 7 09:42:19 MDT 2008

Hi Abhishek,

Yes, yes, of course !

First of all mention a default memory amount in your queue definitions :

set queue q1sem16p resources_default.mem = 100mb

(I think it is bad if users don't care about the memory the consume !)

Then run a script in master's root's crontab doing :

STALLED=`qstat | grep " S " | grep -v Queue`
USERSTALLED=`qstat | grep " S " | grep -v Queue | awk '{print $3}'`

if [[ -n $STALLED ]]
        then
        echo $STALLED | /bin/mail -s"Batch stoppe" my at email.com
        for i in $USERSTALLED
                do
        echo $MESSAGE | /bin/mail -s"Batch stoppe" $i at email.com
                done
fi

Then you receive the mail and the user receives the mail too !

--
Jacques Foury
Institut de Mathematiques de Bordeaux