[Mauiusers] insufficient idle procs available ?

Itay M itaym.tau at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 02:12:27 MST 2008

I used your recommendation and did:

unset queue <name of the queue> resources_default.ncpus

Then I submitted a job and checked the Resource_List.ncpus value which
is now 4 :
Resource_List.ncpus = 4

Before the change this value was 1.  It looks like that the
Resource_List.ncpus now equals to the resources_max.ncpus value. Is
this how it is supposed to be?

Note: about the 'b_que' and the 'heavy' queue differences - we have
the same problems in all of our queues (heavy, b_queue and light).

About multiprocessors - should the users submit it with "-l
nodes=1:ppn=4" instead of the "NCPUS=4" ?